What Does Biolocity Fund?
Biolocity provides a combination of funding, project management, and consulting resources to early-stage technologies that address an unmet clinical need and have compelling commercial potential. This includes innovations within any clinical discipline with the ability to impact patient health.
Funding For a Broad Range of Technology Types
Annual Program Funds for Distribution
Each funding cycle, over $1.5 million in funding and commercialization support is available for distribution. Technology development support is provided through project management, strategy and business planning, marketing, regulatory, and reimbursement consulting. There is no funding limit per project, however budgets are based on commercialization milestones identified as the most critical next step for development during the application process.
- Intellectual property rights must be held (at least in part) by one of our partner institutions:
- Emory University
- Georgia Institute of Technology
- At least one principal investigator must be affiliated with Emory or Georgia Tech
- Technology must positively impact human health with compelling evidence for commercial potential
- Two principal investigators preferred – one technical expert and one clinical expert
Grant duration is determined by project milestones and funding typically lasts between six to 18 months (average project time is 12 months). No cost extension requests are reviewed on a case by case basis and renewal applications are by invitation only.