Our next annual request for proposals to fund university biomedical innovations opens in the Fall of 2023. The application process is multi-staged and if selected to continue through the full cycle, applicants will prepare a proposal with commercialization milestones, a corresponding budget, and present two pitch presentations to the Biolocity Oversight Committee.
- Schedule a meeting with the Biolocity team to discuss project’s potential
- Invitation to submit a pre-proposal application
- Invitation to present a mini (5-minute) pitch to the Biolocity Oversight Committee
- Invitation to submit a full proposal application
- Invitation to present a full (10-minute) pitch to the Biolocity Oversight Committee
How to schedule a meeting?
Complete the Meeting Request Form.
How to prepare for the meeting?
Prepare a 10-minute presentation. Here’s what we suggest:
- The unmet need your technology solves
- Technology overview (please include any sharable data/graphics/images)
- Intellectual property status (please include IP disclosures or patent filings alone with the institution or entity that holds the rights)
- Market considerations (who is the buyer of your technology/size of market/how is it better or different than existing options
- Team (who is currently working on this technology)
- Goal (what are your next steps/what assistance are you requesting from Biolocity)
Who will attend the meeting?
The Biolocity team and our experts in residence (EIRs). You can view them here.
- Intellectual property rights must be held (at least in part) by one of our partner institutions:
- Emory University
- Georgia Institute of Technology
- At least one principal investigator must be affiliated with Emory or Georgia Tech
- Technology must positively impact human health with compelling evidence for commercial potential
- Two principal investigators are preferred – one technical expert and one clinical expert
Funding Cycle Timeline
Technologies are evaluated based on the probability of future commercial success and the following criteria:
- Validity of unmet clinical need
- Competitive landscape
- Current and future market dynamics
- Strength and nature of intellectual property
- Addressability of regulatory risk
- Nature of reimbursement landscape
- High probability of attracting follow-on funding within 2-3 years of receiving an award
Email Biolocity@nullgatech.edu with any questions regarding the application process.