Biolocity offers complimentary counseling and materials to Emory University and Georgia Tech innovators (faculty, staff, students, and alumni) and any start-up companies related to either institution.
While we will not help draft any legal documents, we can help you understand strategies for the below areas of interest:
- Patent and prior art searches
- Provisional/non-provisional patent applications
- What it means to be an inventor
- IP ownership
- Trademark and copyright applications
- Non-disclosure agreements
- Drafting articles of incorporation
- Drafting bylaws for corporations (for-profit and non-profit)
- Creating Limited Liability Companies and Corporations
Disclaimer: Legal office hours are offered as an educational and learning experience. This is not a substitute for obtaining legal advice from an attorney licensed or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Legal office hours do not create an attorney-client relationship.
If you are a faculty member or graduate student, you can learn more about intellectual property through your respective Technology Transfer Office.