Biolocity offers complimentary counseling and materials to Emory University and Georgia Tech innovators (faculty, staff, students, and alumni) and any start-up companies related to either institution.
Biolocity legal office hours are offered in partnership with Emory School of Law and sessions are available by appointment only with Professor Nicole Morris. While we will not help draft any legal documents, we can help you understand strategies for the below areas of interest:
- Patent and prior art searches
- Provisional/non-provisional patent applications
- What it means to be an inventor
- IP ownership
- Trademark and copyright applications
- Non-disclosure agreements
- Drafting articles of incorporation
- Drafting bylaws for corporations (for-profit and non-profit)
- Creating Limited Liability Companies and Corporations
To schedule an appointment, send an email to Biolocity@nullgatech.edu with a brief explanation of which of the above areas of interest you would like to discuss.
Disclaimer: Legal office hours are offered as an educational and learning experience. This is not a substitute for obtaining legal advice from an attorney licensed or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Legal office hours do not create an attorney-client relationship.
If you are a faculty member or graduate student, you can learn more about intellectual property through your respective Technology Transfer Office.