What is BARDA DRIVe?
DRIVe accelerates the development of new innovations and approaches that solve health security challenges and protect Americans from health security threats. Below are the current areas of interest for funding and partnership in the EZ-BAA.
- Infection Severity & Solving Sepsis: Innovative technological approaches to empower both the patient and the healthcare provider.
- ReDIRECT: Repurposing drugs in response to chemical threats.
- Bringing Laboratory Testing to Home: Platform technologies for on-demand at-home detection of biochemical health markers, with a preference for multiplexed biochemical assays.
- Digital Health Tools for Pandemic Preparedness: Novel digital technologies that augment existing medical countermeasures (smartphone apps, social networks, telehealth, or other web applications).
- Agnostic Diagnostic for Respiratory RNA Virus Pathogens: A diagnostic for the agnostic detection of any novel or known pathogenic respiratory virus.
- Home-based, OTC diagnostics for the detection of SARS-CoV-2: Rapid and affordable home-based diagnostics to detect SARS-CoV-2 acute infection.
- Enabling Technologies to Support home-based Diagnostics for SARS-CoV-2 Acute Infection: Technologies that can enable more wide-spread adoption of at-home testing, and improvements on current technological limitations of diagnostic sensitivity/specificity and performance.
- Mitigating Long-term Effects (MILE) of Respiratory Distress: Therapeutic product candidates that may be implemented early in the progression of acute lung injury to specifically reduce the long-term morbidity and mortality resulting from the initial injury or infectious insult.
- Endotyping for Host-Directed Therapeutics: Approaches to sub-type patients that may benefit from host-directed therapeutics for infectious disease.
Up to $749,000 in funding is available per technology with a required 30% cost share. Solicitation Details Here
The Biolocity team can assist potential applicants in submitting a robust and on-target proposal. If you are interested in learning how we can help with your submission, please request a technology review meeting.